Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
An excellent potato/zucchini combination for the fritters. These are are also very good just for a snack.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
WOW - great fritters! Easy to make and gluten free, too, and VERY tasty. I omitted the cheese because I can't eat it, but I don't think it made a huge difference. They are very flavourful anyway, and I'll make them again often! Thanks for posting this keeper!
- 1 large potato, peeled and grated
- 2 medium zucchini, grated (DO NOT PEEL)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped small
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely grate potato and zucchini.
- There should be 1 cup of grated potato and 2 cups of grated zucchini.
- In a mixing bowl, add grated potato, grated zucchini, onion, cornmeal, parsley, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese and beaten eggs; mix well to blend.
- In a large frying pan, heat butter and oil to medium-high heat.
- Drop potato/zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls into the hot oil.
- Fry for 2 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Turn fritter over and fry for an additional 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until golden brown and done.
- Add additional butter and oil if required for frying the remaining fritters.
- Serve with a dill dip or serve them just as they are.
- If too much liquid appears in the mixture, just transfer the mixture into a sieve and let drain.
- Continue to spoon the mixture to fry.