This is a recipe that I came up with after making Lorac's Curried Zucchini and Potatoes. If you like this you will LOVE Lorac's dish! I just want to give a SPECIAL thanks to Lorac for a wonderful recipe, and for inspiring me to experiment with it!!! Thanks Lorac!
- 2 zucchini, cut into small cubes
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 3 teaspoons curry powder (more or less to your taste, please test for your liking!!)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- chapati (to eat with this dish!)
- Combine cubed zucchini, cubed potatoes, turmeric and garlic salt, and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet, and sauté zucchini and potatoes mixture on medium-high heat for approximately 5-6 minutes, allowing them to become slightly golden.
- Remove potatoes with a slotted spoon, allowing oil to drain off and place in another dish for later use.
- Turn your heat down to a low heat and add the garlic paste, ginger powder, and curry powder, and allow to sauté for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, and water, and then turn the heat up to around medium high.
- Add the zucchini and potatoes mixture and allow to cook until the potatoes are tender but not mushy!
- Serve with chappatis!
- If you feel that you've made it too thick, you can always add a tiny bit of water to thin it out a little.
- If you find that adding a little water makes it too bland, you can always add some curry powder and some salt and pepper and heat for a few minutes.
- You will just need to taste test for your preferred flavor and thickness-- ENJOY!