Recipe by love4culinary
This is a recipe that I came up with after making Lorac's Curried Zucchini and Potatoes. If you like this you will LOVE Lorac's dish! I just want to give a SPECIAL thanks to Lorac for a wonderful recipe, and for inspiring me to experiment with it!!! Thanks Lorac!
Top Review by eris_70
i made this last night and loved it. i used a tin of diced tomatoes instead of fresh ones and the tomato juice worked well instead of adding so much water. ps this is the first comment i've ever written so it must have been a very very good dish :)
- 2 zucchini, cut into small cubes
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 3 teaspoons curry powder (more or less to your taste, please test for your liking!!)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- chapati (to eat with this dish!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cubed zucchini, cubed potatoes, turmeric and garlic salt, and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet, and sauté zucchini and potatoes mixture on medium-high heat for approximately 5-6 minutes, allowing them to become slightly golden.
- Remove potatoes with a slotted spoon, allowing oil to drain off and place in another dish for later use.
- Turn your heat down to a low heat and add the garlic paste, ginger powder, and curry powder, and allow to sauté for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, and water, and then turn the heat up to around medium high.
- Add the zucchini and potatoes mixture and allow to cook until the potatoes are tender but not mushy!
- Serve with chappatis!
- If you feel that you've made it too thick, you can always add a tiny bit of water to thin it out a little.
- If you find that adding a little water makes it too bland, you can always add some curry powder and some salt and pepper and heat for a few minutes.
- You will just need to taste test for your preferred flavor and thickness-- ENJOY!