Recipe by ellie_
Fresh garden herbs are used to prepare this vegetable side dish. If you want to cook these in the oven with meat, adjust the oven temperature to correspond to the temperature that you are using to cook the other dishes (between 350-425°F adjusting the time necessary to cook the vegetables). Recipe adapted from The Way We Cook.
Top Review by awalde
Great dish with a lot of advanges:
great in flavor and taste
easy and fast prepared (during cooking time you are free to do something else)
combination of carg and veggi!
I served this with grilled meat. Thanks a lot for posting!
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled
- 2 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Grease or oil 13x9-inch pan.
- Combine herbs (rosemary, chives and oregano) in small bowl.
- Using a food processor or a knife, slice potatoes, zucchini, green pepper and onion into thin slices.
- Toss vegetables.
- In prepared pan, place one layer of vegetables, sprinkle with olive oil, add some herbs and salt (if using) and pepper.
- Repeat layers (having three uneven layers).
- Cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn vegetables (vegetable layers will break up but that's okay).
- Continue turning vegetables until all are turned over.
- Continue cooking for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are cooked and potatoes are golden brown.