Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Fresh garden herbs are used to prepare this vegetable side dish. If you want to cook these in the oven with meat, adjust the oven temperature to correspond to the temperature that you are using to cook the other dishes (between 350-425°F adjusting the time necessary to cook the vegetables). Recipe adapted from The Way We Cook.
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled
- 2 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Grease or oil 13x9-inch pan.
- Combine herbs (rosemary, chives and oregano) in small bowl.
- Using a food processor or a knife, slice potatoes, zucchini, green pepper and onion into thin slices.
- Toss vegetables.
- In prepared pan, place one layer of vegetables, sprinkle with olive oil, add some herbs and salt (if using) and pepper.
- Repeat layers (having three uneven layers).
- Cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn vegetables (vegetable layers will break up but that's okay).
- Continue turning vegetables until all are turned over.
- Continue cooking for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are cooked and potatoes are golden brown.
Great dish with a lot of advanges:
great in flavor and taste
easy and fast prepared (during cooking time you are free to do something else)
combination of carg and veggi!
I served this with grilled meat. Thanks a lot for posting!
Excellent! I have to admit, I made this a disaster the first time I cooked it. I sliced the veggies too thin (using a mandolin)and cooked at too high a temperature. The dish size specified was too big. What we could rescue from the center of the casserole was delicious. I made this again in a 10x10" casserole, thin sliced the veggies by hand and cooked at 350°F for 60 mins without turning. The fresh herbs gave this dish a sensational flavor which is so addictive that I will make it again and again and again!
My husband and I LOVED this dish! It's quick and easy to throw together and very satisfying. I also liked having my potatoes and veggies in one, easy to serve, pan! We had this with buffalo rib-eye steaks! Very good Ellie, Thank You! I'll be doing this one often.