Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I threw this together for my infant son and my "big girls" all thought it was a treat and begged for a taste. At supper, I had to break up fights of girls stealing spoonfuls from each other. My grandmother made soup like this when I was growing up, but this is a healthier version.
- First peel and slice potatoes and rinse in cold water.
- Place potatoes in a heavy large pan and cover with water, just to cover.
- Boil until soft but not mushy.
- Pour about half of the water off of the potatoes, but save half, the starch that boils off the potatoes helps the soup to thicken and holds more nutrients.
- Add yogurt and spices and simmer 5-10 minutes to let the flavors mingle, and serve.
- I like a little shredded cheese in mine, Grew up with Cheddar, but like Mozzarella now.
This recipe was great! Very easy to make with ingredients found in most kitchens. A great meal for a cool fall day!! I added a cup of chicken broth and a bit of evaporated skimmed milk to up the creaminess of the soup. I also cooked the garlic before adding it. Thanks for a great meal!!
Very nice soup which is easy to make especially when you don't feel like cooking. Good way of using up potatoes. Added a little Parmesan to this.