Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Although just five ingredients, these punchy Cajun flavored Shrimp are delicately blanketed with crispy potato shreds. Finished with a squeeze of fresh lemon these are refreshingly light.
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, fresh with tail off, shelled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon blackening seasoning
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small lemon
- In a medium bowl, coat shrimp with Cajun blackening seasoning.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Using your hands, firmly press shredded potatoes against each side of a shrimp. Set aside, and repeat. Assemble all before cooking.
- Add oil to the pan and briefly heat.
- Gently place shrimp blanketed in potatoes into hot skillet. Cook for about four minutes per side or until potatoes crisp up and be gentle to flip.
- Plate shrimp and squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top.