Dani Jean's Note:
This is a good way to use up left over mashed potatoes and the choice of barbeque or mayonnaise can satisfy the football group or the neighbours. They can also be left out of the mixture and added just before wrapping. The crisp wrapper with flavourful fluffy middle sporting an occasional bacon or onion crunch is a big pleaser
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices crisp cooked bacon
- 15 wonton wrappers
- oil (for frying)
- 1Blend mashed potato, onion, garlic, and cayenne powder and ground black pepper.
- 2Add 2 tablespoons mayonnaise for a mellower taste or 2 tablespoons barbeque sauce for an extra kick. Blend well.
- 3Mix in chopped green onions and cheese thoroughly.
- 4Crumble bacon, mix in potato mixture, combine thoroughly.
- 5Place by spoonful in wonton wrapper.
- 6Wrap wonton and fry until crispy, golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Wontons
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.3
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 7.8 mg
- Sodium 178.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: