Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a good way to use up left over mashed potatoes and the choice of barbeque or mayonnaise can satisfy the football group or the neighbours. They can also be left out of the mixture and added just before wrapping. The crisp wrapper with flavourful fluffy middle sporting an occasional bacon or onion crunch is a big pleaser
- 1⁄2 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 finely chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices crisp cooked bacon
- 15 wonton wrappers
- oil (for frying)
- Blend mashed potato, onion, garlic, and cayenne powder and ground black pepper.
- Add 2 tablespoons mayonnaise for a mellower taste or 2 tablespoons barbeque sauce for an extra kick. Blend well.
- Mix in chopped green onions and cheese thoroughly.
- Crumble bacon, mix in potato mixture, combine thoroughly.
- Place by spoonful in wonton wrapper.
- Wrap wonton and fry until crispy, golden brown.
These were very good. I made as directed, using turkey bacon and bbq sauce, and it ended up making 21 wontons. Seemed like it needed a dip but we weren't sure what to use, so we used 3 kinds: bbq sauce, ranch dressing, and ketchup. All of them worked. Thanks for posting!