Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
A recipe from Stephanie Alexander cooking South West France
- 2 -3 large flat swiss brown mushrooms
- 3 potatoes, peeled
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Cut stems from mushrooms and slice into 1cm slices and set aside.
- Cut potatoes into 5mm slices don't wash cut mushrooms and potatoes.
- Heat oil and fry potato moderate heat 1 minute turning potatoes.
- Add mushrooms and turn all carefully for 5 minutes.
- Add stems mushrooms and garlic and parsley and season to taste; cover pan and leave lid ajar and lower heat to low.
- Cook 25 minutes stirring once or twice.
- Ready when potatoes are tender and well coloured.
- Serve meat and green salad.