Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great dish for vegetarian,or non-vegetarians--the flavor is yummy.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup wild mushroom, sliced
- 3 cups fresh shredded potatoes or 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Heat olive oil and balsamic vinegar in skillet. Add mushrooms and cook till tender, about 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Press potatoes onto bottom and up sides of greased 9" pie plate.
- Bake at 425°F for 25 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Combine corn, cheese, and cooked mushrooms.
- Spoon into potato crust.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour over vegetables in crust.
- Bake at 350°F until set and golden, about 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.