Recipe by andypandy
these are very good with chicken or fish. The lime juice gives them a tang, almost like french fries with vinegar.I have used this recipe since 1977.
Top Review by Gerry
Great tasting potatoes! Add presentation to that of the previous reviewers - "easy, great, amazing taste" Made as posted and it's been added to my repeatables. Looking forward to making this recipe for those summer BBQs. Thank you for an easy recipe that makes for such great presentation.
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 large potatoes, cut in to wedges (8 wedges from each potato.)
Directions See How It's Made
- whisk first five ingredients well together.
- season with salt and pepper Arrange all potato pieces in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Pour all but 1/4 cup of the dressing onto potatoes.
- Keep the last dressing to drizzle just before serving.
- Toss the dressing all over the potatoes.
- Let sit at room temp.
- for 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- Roast potatoes until crisp and brown turning occasionally.
- 60 minutes.
- Drizzle the reserved dressing over potatoes, just as serving.
- Thanks Andy.