Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is from The Australian Women's Weekly Mince Favourite's cookbook. You can't buy Sloppy Joe seasoning over here, so I'm not sure how authentic this recipe is. Very tasty though!
- 4 medium potatoes
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large brown onion, finely sliced
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 750 g beef mince
- 29.58 ml mild american prepared mustard
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 236.59 ml tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Cut potatoes into 8 wedges. Place in baking dish and drizzle with 1 Tbsp of the olive oil.
- Roast for 30 minutes, uncovered or until tender.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in frying pan. Add garlic, onion, green pepper and celery. Cook, stirring, until softened. Add mince and cook, stirring, until mince in browned.
- Add mustard, vinegar and ketchup, to same pan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and cook until mince is cooked through and mixture thickens slightly.
- Serve wedges, topped with sloppy joe mix. Top with cheese and green onion.
Very easy and quick to make. I didn't have any celery on hand so just used a shake of celery salt. I also had half a red pepper so chopped that up and added along with the green one. Thanks for posting another 'keeper' for me :)