1/1 Photo of Potato Wedges With Sloppy Joe Topping
1 hr 5 mins
This is from The Australian Women's Weekly Mince Favourite's cookbook. You can't buy Sloppy Joe seasoning over here, so I'm not sure how authentic this recipe is. Very tasty though!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium potatoes
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large brown onion, finely sliced
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 750 g beef mince
- 29.58 ml mild american prepared mustard
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 236.59 ml tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 2Cut potatoes into 8 wedges. Place in baking dish and drizzle with 1 Tbsp of the olive oil.
- 3Roast for 30 minutes, uncovered or until tender.
- 4Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in frying pan. Add garlic, onion, green pepper and celery. Cook, stirring, until softened. Add mince and cook, stirring, until mince in browned.
- 5Add mustard, vinegar and ketchup, to same pan. Bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat, and cook until mince is cooked through and mixture thickens slightly.
- 7Serve wedges, topped with sloppy joe mix. Top with cheese and green onion.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Wedges With Sloppy Joe Topping
Serving Size: 1 (571 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 807.3
- Calories from Fat 446
- Total Fat 49.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 147.9 mg
- Sodium 642.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 41.8 g