This recipe comes from vegetarian cookery writer Rose Elliot. She created it to sneak an extra veggie into her children's meals. This serves 2 as a side dish to a main course but if you want it as a snack you may want to double the dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the dip
- 1Preheat the oven to 200 C or 400°F.
- 2Brush the potato wedges with olive oil and bake for 20-30 minutes on a baking sheet until tender and browned.
- 3Turn if necessary during cooking.
- 4At the same time as the potato is cooking, put the pepper halves cut-side down on a tray and roast for 15-20 minutes until tender and slightly charred.
- 5You can peel them if you prefer although it is not strictly necessary.
- 6Whizz the peppers, beans, lemon juice and ketchup in a food processor until you have a thick puree.
- 7Serve in a bowl alongside the hot, cooked wedges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Wedges With a Red Pepper Dip
Serving Size: 1 (523 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.9
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 101.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.0 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 23.1 g