Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from vegetarian cookery writer Rose Elliot. She created it to sneak an extra veggie into her children's meals. This serves 2 as a side dish to a main course but if you want it as a snack you may want to double the dish.
- 1 large baking potato, cut into 6-8 long wedges
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
For the dip
- 2 red peppers, cut in half and seeded
- 420 g cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 200 C or 400°F.
- Brush the potato wedges with olive oil and bake for 20-30 minutes on a baking sheet until tender and browned.
- Turn if necessary during cooking.
- At the same time as the potato is cooking, put the pepper halves cut-side down on a tray and roast for 15-20 minutes until tender and slightly charred.
- You can peel them if you prefer although it is not strictly necessary.
- Whizz the peppers, beans, lemon juice and ketchup in a food processor until you have a thick puree.
- Serve in a bowl alongside the hot, cooked wedges.