Chris from Kansas's Note:
Mashed potato flakes add great texture to these easy waffles. The blueberry syrup makes them extra special.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed, drained
- 1In medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon; stir in water and lemon juice until smooth.
- 2Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 3Stir in blueberries; reduce heat.
- 4Simmer about 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 5Remove from heat; set aside.
- 6Heat waffle iron.
- 7Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- 8In large bowl, combine potato flakes, flour, baking powder and salt. Add milk, oil and eggs; stir until blended (batter will be lumpy).
- 9Bake in hot waffle iron until steam stops and waffle is golden brown.
- 10Serve with warm blueberry syrup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Waffles With Blueberry Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.6
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.3 mg
- Sodium 405.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 8.9 g