Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mashed potato flakes add great texture to these easy waffles. The blueberry syrup makes them extra special.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed, drained
- 1 1⁄3 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 eggs
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon; stir in water and lemon juice until smooth.
- Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in blueberries; reduce heat.
- Simmer about 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- Heat waffle iron.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In large bowl, combine potato flakes, flour, baking powder and salt. Add milk, oil and eggs; stir until blended (batter will be lumpy).
- Bake in hot waffle iron until steam stops and waffle is golden brown.
- Serve with warm blueberry syrup.