Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix: A fun twist of the Potato Latke. I serve it with syrup on top or we go the savory route and top it with sourcream/crumbled bacon. Either way, it's always a hit with family and friends.
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1 extra large egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix above ingredients. Let rest as you heat the waffle iron. (I used a 4 square NON-STICK waffle maker).
- Once waffle iron is hot, spread 1/4 of the batter of the batter evenly across each waffle mold. Close and cook for 10 minutes or until brown and until they lift out easily (every iron is different, so start checking at 7 minutes and then once again every 2 minutes).