Denise in da Kitchen's Note:
From TOH Spring Cooking for 2. This quick, comforting soup is thick as a chowder and full of veggies. It makes a great lunch for my DH and I.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain.
- 2In the same pan, combine the potato, carrot, water, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 3In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into vegetable mixture.
- 4Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat.
- 5Add cheese and butter; stir until cheese is melted.
- 6Garnish with bacon.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.9
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 574.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 11.7 g