Recipe by yogi
Surprisingly tasty side dish, even though it may look bland from the ingredients. Don't let that keep you from trying this!
Top Review by cpenner
Very simple yet tasty side dish -- my picky husband and I both enjoyed it! You're right: it's not as bland as you'd think. I made a half recipe, using cooking spray instead of oil, and left out the celery. Should have made the whole recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil till tender.
- Spray a 9x12-inch oven proof pan with cooking oil spray or grease with oil.
- Layer 1/2 the potatoes (sprinkle with salt and pepper) then all the celery, 1/2 the onion mixture, all the carrots, remaining potatoes (sprinkle with salt& pepper) and then remaining onion.
- Cover and bake at 375°F for at least one hour or till vegetables are tender.