Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy recipe for a warm comforting soup.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled, diced and cooked
- 1 cup ham, cubed and cooked
- 9 ounces frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter.
- Stir in onion, saute until tender.
- Stir in flour, bouillon,thyme and pepper.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly.
- Gradually stir in milk and water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- Stir in potatoes, ham and vegetables,
- Reduce heat, simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.