Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Lean and delicious, ground turkey makes a good substitute for higher-fat meats like beef and pork. The mild taste doesn't overwhelm the flavours and seasonings added to the dish. This hearty meatloaf is almost a meal in itself.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried savory
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Heat oil in skillet and sauté onion, carrots and garlic until tender.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey and mashed potatoes, add eggs, bread crumbs and seasonings.
- Stir in cooked vegetables and mix thoroughly.
- Form mixture into a 9x5-inch oval in a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Bake for 90 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 170ºF.
Lean, healthy, low-sodium, and seasoned to perfection. Tasty for dinner, and leftovers made excellent sandwiches. Thanks for sharing the recipe Baton Twirling. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011,