Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a low fat version.
Make and share this Potato Tuna Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups potatoes, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green beans, canned, drained
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 3 cups skim milk
- 6 ounces tuna in water, drained and flaked
- In a large saucepan, combine 1-cup potatoes, chicken broth, and onions. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer for ten minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add sage, paprika, and white pepper.
- Mash potatoes.
- Add remaining potatoes, carrots, green beans, celery, and milk to mashed potatoes. Bring just to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add tuna.
- Simmer five minutes more.
This is a wonderful soup! I added extra tuna, and used baby gold potatoes. The flavor is delicious, sans salt! Thanks for posting this delicious and healthy recipe.