Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Comfort food that will soon be part of your favorites rotation. This is from Paula Deen's 2010 Quick and Easy Meals book. It was previously published in her magazine in the Nov/Dec 2007 issue. Perfect for those nights when you want to get a one dish meal to the table to feed a family that is wanting something warm and hearty. Look for browning liquid in the gravy section of the store. Enjoy ChefDLH
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas, drained
- 3 tablespoons browning sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sage
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet, combine ground chuck, onion, and garlic; cook over medium-high heat until meat is browned and crumbles. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine meat mixture, soups, corn, peas, browning sauce, garlic salt, red pepper, paprika, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, and sage. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Top evenly with tater tots.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until browned and bubbly.