1/1 Photo of Potato Tortilla (Omelet) With Tuna and Asparagus (Ww Core)
Based on the classic Spanish tapas, this tortilla can be served hot as a brunch or lunch dish. It work just as well at room temperature as an appetizer. What is presented here was inspired by Joie Warner's "take a can of tuna."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb small red potato, cut into quarters or large bite sized chunks
- 1/2 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 - 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 2 -3 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 5 large eggs
- 6 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons skim milk (optional)
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced scallion, green part only
- 1Fill a medium saucepan filled with water to boil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and cook for 5-6 minutes until the potatoes are firm but tender. Add asparagus and cook an additional minute. Remove pan from heat and drain the vegetables well and pat to dry.
- 2Combine the eggs and egg whites until well beaten. If desired add the milk and mix some more.
- 3Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan with a heat proof handle. Add the potatoes and asparagus and cook for 5 minutes. Add the tuna and tomato and cook another minute.
- 4Pour the eggs over the contents of the hot pan. Season with salt and pepper. While the eggs are still very wet, gently lift the sides of the eggs so that the more liquid parts slips under. Sprinkle the scallion slices on top. Reduce the heat to medium low and cover and cook for 3-5 minutes until the top is set but still moist.
- 5Preheat the broiler to high. Place omelet under broiler for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 6Slice the omelet into wedges and serve with salad.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Tortilla (Omelet) With Tuna and Asparagus (Ww Core)
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.2
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 277.1 mg
- Sodium 330.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 28.1 g