1 hr 10 mins
Yummy, easy, flavorful, cheezy...I'm running out of adjectives!!! Adapted from Italian Cooking & Living Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed,peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus extra
- butter, for pan
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 9 eggs
- 4 ounces freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (or domestic parmesan, please dont use the stuff in the can)
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Place potatoes in a large pot, and add enough cold water to cover, bring to boil and lower heat.
- 3Simmer until tender but firm, about 5-7 minutes, drain and return to hot pan to dry out.
- 4Melt butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- 5Saute shallot in butter for about 5 minutes.
- 6Season with salt and pepper and turn off heat, set aside to cool.
- 7In a bowl, beat the eggs.
- 8Add the shallots mozzarella and 3/4°C Parmigiano, mix to combine.
- 9Make sure your Cast Iron Pan is buttered all around and on the sides.
- 10Place 1 layer potatoes in the bottom of the pan, Top with 1/4 of the egg mixture, add another layer of potatoes and 1/4 of the eggs, repeating until all of the ingredients are used.
- 11Be sure to end with a layer of potatoes.
- 12Top with remaining Parmigiano and bake 40-50 minutes until tender and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Torte
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.6
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 351.9 mg
- Sodium 483.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 21.7 g