Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Eat Well Stay Well
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to 450. Brush a 9 inch pie plate with 1 teaspoon of the oil.
- Cover the bottom with overlapping layers of potatoes, using ¼ of the total.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the oil, ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper, 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan, 1/3 of the scallions and 1 tablespoon of the dill.
- Repeat for 2 more layers. Top with a final layer of potatoes and the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
- Place an empty pie plate or round baking dish on top of the potatoes and bake in the lower third of the oven for 50 minutes or until the potatoes are very crusty on the bottom and tender throughout.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before loosening the bottom and sides with a small spatula and inverting onto a platter.