2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
In 'Cucina Fresca'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups canned chopped Italian tomatoes, with juice
- coarse salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large all-purpose potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup coarsely chopped salami
- 1 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup diced smoked provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup bread, crumbs (fresh)
- 1Saute onion in 3 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over low heat until golden, about 3-4 minutes.
- 2Add in tomatoes, salt, and pepper; cook over medium heat until the tomato sauce is thick and dry.
- 3Put potatoes through a ricer or mash in a bowl with a fork until smooth.
- 4Combine the potatoes with the eggs, salami, mozzarella, smoked provolone, Parmesan, and parsley; mix well.
- 5Generously butter a 9 x 2 1/2 inch springform pan; coat heavily with bread crumbs, reserving some for the top.
- 6Spread 1/3 of the potato mixture evenly in the bottom of the pan; spread half of the tomato sauce over the potatoes.
- 7Spread another third of the potato mixture evenly over the tomato sauce; repeat with the remainng tomato sauce and potato mixture; smooth the top.
- 8Sprinkle with the remaining breadcrumbs.
- 9Drizzle with the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- 10Place on a baking sheet; bake in a preheated 350° for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until the top is crusty and brown.
- 11Let cool completely at room temperature; refrigerate for several hours or overnight to make slicing easier.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Torta (Gratto Di Patate)
Serving Size: 1 (526 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.0
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 112.0 mg
- Sodium 395.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 19.4 g