Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy casserole from Pillsbury with great flavor.
Make and share this Potato Topped Sloppy Joe Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can sloppy joe sandwich sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- Heat oven to 325.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring often.
- Drain grease off.
- Add sloppy joe sauce and squash; stir well.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring water and garlic salt to a boil.
- Remove saucepan from heat; stir in potato flakes until well blended.
- Add sour cream and egg; stir well.
- Spoon beef mixture into ungreased shallow 2-quart casserole dish.
- Spoon potato mixture in circle around edges of casserole.
- Sprinkle potatoes with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are set.
Nice recipe! Thanks!
This was very very good. Thank you! Margie