Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from http://www.angelfire.com/on/VideoPhotoAlbum/OneDishMeals.html#potatotoppedcasserole.
- 4 medium potatoes (peeled, sliced and cooked)
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- In a heavy skillet, brown the ground beef in 2 Tbsps. of butter, then add the onion, red and green bell pepper; saute until soft. Spoon off excess fat, then stir in the garlic, salt, black pepper, sherry and the parsley, saute another 5 minutes
- Spread the mixture into a buttered, 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- To the cooked potatoes add the remaining 2 Tbsps. of butter and milk, beat until smooth, salt to taste.
- Spread the potatoes over the meat mixture evenly, then using a spoon, pull up points. Sprinkle the top with the shredded cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 until potatoes and cheese is lightly browned.
- serves 4-6.