Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is from Cuisine at Home. Great as a side dish or by itself. Comfort food at it's best!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatoes, chopped, seeded and cut
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 4 russet potatoes, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a large casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Saute onions in a skillet over medium high heat with olive oil just until soft.
- Stir in garlic; cook another minute.
- Add the tomatoes and reosemary, cook about 10 minutes.
- Layer half the potatoes, season with salt and pepper.
- Top tomatoes with tomato mixture and half the cheese.
- Repeat layering ending with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes to brown cheese.
- Let stand 5 minutes to set cheese before slicing.