Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 6 medium potatoes
- 6 tomatoes, sliced
- 3 -4 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- to taste seasoning salt
- to taste pepper
- to taste parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes well.
- Slice potatoes (about 3/8 inch thick) and boil until just tender.
- Slice tomatoes.
- Grease two 10-inch glass pie plates.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on bottom on pie plate. Follow with a layer of tomatoes and a generous sprinkle of cheese. Repeat this procedure until pie plate is full.
- Last layer of tomatoes should be attractively arranged on top.
- Beat eggs and milk together.
- Add seasoned salt and pepper, to taste. Pour egg mixture over potatoes and tomatoes.
- Top with some chopped parsley.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes to 1 hour until pie is set. Makes 6 to 8 servingd (2 pies)
I have to say that I was scared of this one because I am not a tomato lover, but mmmmmm...it turned out to be very good. I used 4 1/2 tomatoes, but next time I will use the full 6. I also used lowfat cheese, egg beaters, and skim milk to cut some calories and fat. Yum, yum, yum. We are making this again soon...the only wierd thing is I don't know how this could fit into 2 pie plates...I used a casserole dish and a pie plate. Maybe I bought potatoes and tomatoes that were too big, but we loved it. Thanks for this unique recipe!