Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's a nice snack to have when you want to eat potatoes! From the Weekend magazine.
Make and share this Potato Toast recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups potatoes, boiled,peeled and mashed
- 4 -6 slices bread, edges trimmed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, washed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint leaf, washed and finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, washed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon knorr chicken stock powder
- oil, to fry
- Lightly dry roast the potatoes in a non-stick frying pan to dry out the water.
- Heat 2 tsps. oil in a pan
- Add onions and green chillies to it.
- Saute until the onions are softened.
- Add the mashed potatoes, corriander and mint leaves, red chilli powder, Knorr chicken stock powder and lime juice.
- Mix well.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread a thick layer of potato mixture on each bread slice.
- Brush over with the beaten egg (seasoned with a little Chicken stock powder).
- Shallow fry in hot oil until lightly browned and cooked on both sides.
- Serve hot with Tomato ketchup!
Charishma this is soooo GOOD!! I made this last night after having come home from work hungry,but too tired to make a full meal. I made this and it's so so yummy!! I also added some spring onions to the recipe, everyone else loved it also, thanks!!
DH and i enjoyed this cool snack that we whipped up when we got peckish during a movie. it was pretty quick since we already had leftover potatoes (from daydream's delhi potatoes #77931) - which is cooked in similar fashion to this. with ketchup, it went a long way toward sating our hunger pangs - thank s char!