- 2 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes, 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk, do not use lowfat
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Butter 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Combine potatoes, cream, milk, tarragon and nutmeg in heavy large saucepan.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat; simmer 4 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to prepared dish.
- Pour cream mixture over.
- Bake until top is golden brown, potatoes are tender and cream mixture thickens, about 1 hour.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.