Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Creamy cheesy hash browns. Goes with any meal, any time.
- 4 medium potatoes, grated
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- Mix grated potatoes and diced onions in 2 quart casserole dish.
- Heat soup, water, cheese until cheese is melted.
- Add mixture to potato and onion, then stir in ranch dressing.
- Preheat oven 350. Bake 1 hour.
Mmmmmmm.....cheesy potatoes! I used frozen potatoes, and then was convinced that the sauce wasn't going to be enough, so I added another can of soup & proportionate amounts of the other ingredients. I should have left well enough alone, because now I have soupy (but awesome tasting potatoes. I'm going to stir in some diced, leftover chicken, and then I'll bake it to rewarm tomorrow for dinner, and top with french fried onion rings for the last few minutes. I love flavor of the ranch dressing in this. I used some peppercorn ranch that everyone here says is too strong. It flavored the potatoes nicely. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC Fall 2008.
I prepared this as a side dish to grilled steak for lunch. Everyone really enjoyed it. Thanks for another great potato dish!