Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you like potatoe, snap peas, and green peas, here is a salad you will love! Adapted from Woman's Day magazine.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes, scrubbed and cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth (or chicken)
- 1 lb sugar snap pea
- 2 cups frozen tiny peas
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar (or try 1/2 balsamic!)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, sliced thinly in strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced red radish
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- Cook the potatoes in water to cover 12-15 minutes, until tender. Drain, then toss in a bowl with vegetable broth. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until chilled.
- Meanwhile bring 2 quarts of water to a boil and prepare a bowl of ice water. Add snap peas and green peas to boiling water, return to a boil and cook 1 minute or until snap peas turn bright green. Drain, then submerge in ice water to stop cooking and cool. Drain and refrigerate.
- Whisk ingredients except oil in a small bowl until blended. Gradually add oil, whisking constantly until thickened. Cover and refrigerate.
- To serve:
- Put potatoes (with broth), snap peas, green peas, onion, radishes and parsley in a serving bowl. Whisk Mustard Dressing to recombine, add to bowl, and toss to mix and coat. Enjoy!
This salad does not only taste fantastic, it is also beautiful to look at. Thanks for posting. Koechin/Chef
Oh gosh this is delicious Sharon! I used new baby potatoes, I did add in a little fresh garlic to the dressing, and used fresh parsley from my garden, this salad is wonderful, thanks so much for sharing this great recipe hon!...Kitten:)