Recipe by Rita Potter
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This is a super simple recipe that will make an excellent side dish next time you have Mexican for dinner
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 poblano peppers
- 3⁄4 cup Kraft Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chorizo sausage
- 4 tablespoons salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farnhieght.
- Brown the Chorizo in a skillet if it is not crumbled, crumble it before browning it. and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and clean out the seeds.
- in a mixing bowl mix together the potatoes, 1/2 cup of the cheese and the Chorizo and salt & pepper to taste.
- Put a little cooking oil on the outside of the peppers and place them on a baking sheet.
- Fill the peppers with 1/2 cup of the potato mixture in each one.
- sprinkle the remaining cheese equally over the top of the peppers.
- After the peppers are cooked top with a tablespoon of your favorite prepared salsa and enjoy!