Prep 25 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a different but delicious, I always double this recipe as we always eat two servings of these onions, they are that good! :)
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, melted
- fresh ground black pepper
- minced fresh parsley
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease six muffin cups.
- Slice the onion in half widthwise; remove ends and outside skin.
- Separate onion into layers; select six to fit muffin cups.
- Finely slice remaining onion and place in a bowl; add hash browns and bouillon powder; spoon into onion cups, then dot with butter.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until tender sprinkle with pepper and parsley.
Oh, yum! I followed this recipe exactly as posted and it was delicious. Being Irish, I am always up for a new way to do potatoes and this is a keeper! This recipe made 6 onion "cups" and the two of us easily finished them off. It would be a good idea to double this recipe as noted, if you're serving more than 2 or 3 people. Thanks, Kitten!!
OMG!!!! I made this for the first time tonight it was to die for! I did add one thing grated parmesan cheese. In my house hold you can never have too much cheese. After dinner I went around the table and asked everyone (8 people, 5 adults and 3 kids) to rate it. 5 stars all around!!! Thanks, Kitten.....Dawn