1 hr 10 mins
This recipe can be converted to use left over mashed potatoes or "real" potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried fine breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon chili seasoning mix
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- 2Coat loaf pan with olive oil or cooking spray.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine potato flakes, water, sour cream and parsley flakes.
- 4Mix well and set aside.
- 5In a large bowl, combine onion, green pepper, bread crumbs, chili seasoning, and 1/3 cup tomato sauce.
- 6Add to meat.
- 7Mix well to combine Pat half of mixture into prepared loaf pan.
- 8Spread potato mixture evenly over top.
- 9Pat remaining meat mixture over potato mixture.
- 10Stir Cheddar Cheese and brown sugar into remaining tomato sauce.
- 11Spoon sauce mixture evenly over top Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- 12Place loaf pan on wire rack and let set for 5 minutes Cut and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Stuffed Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.6
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 92.0 mg
- Sodium 498.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili seasoning mix