Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe can be converted to use left over mashed potatoes or "real" potatoes.
Make and share this Potato Stuffed Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried fine breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon chili seasoning mix
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Coat loaf pan with olive oil or cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine potato flakes, water, sour cream and parsley flakes.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, green pepper, bread crumbs, chili seasoning, and 1/3 cup tomato sauce.
- Add to meat.
- Mix well to combine Pat half of mixture into prepared loaf pan.
- Spread potato mixture evenly over top.
- Pat remaining meat mixture over potato mixture.
- Stir Cheddar Cheese and brown sugar into remaining tomato sauce.
- Spoon sauce mixture evenly over top Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Place loaf pan on wire rack and let set for 5 minutes Cut and serve.