Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love anything that's quick, easy & the whole family loves! This fits the bill. Living in the land of "Strudel" any published recipe must be tops or risk destroying its reputation. This recipe originates from "Ja" Kochen's special edition which I've adapted to my family's taste with the optional aspects. (Prep time includes time to boil potatoes).
- 4 strudel sheets
- 400 g cream cheese, with herbs
- 700 g potatoes (choose sort best for mashed potatoes)
- garlic (optional)
- 1 onion (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Boil potatoes with skin on, when cool, peel& mash.
- While potatoes are boiling thinly slice an onion& saute in oil till golden.
- combine potatoes, herbed cream cheese, onion, salt, pepper& garlic.
- Now take 2 of your thawed strudel leaves, unfold them& place on top of each other.
- Leaving about 3 inches space from the bottom, heap half your potatoe mixture in a row along the top leaf leaving enough space at the edges that when you roll the strudel you can tuck the edges under.
- Roll the strudel tucking edges under& place on your baking sheet seem side under.
- Lightly schmear top of strudel with oil (I use my hand to do this but if you want to be fancy you can use a brush).
- Repeat the above procedure with second 2 leaves.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- I like to serve this with Tsatsiki!