1/1 Photo of Potato Strata With Spinach, Sausage and Goat Cheese
1 hr 15 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This savory baked strata gets its zing from goat cheese and sundried tomatoes, balancing out the savory flavors of the Italian sausage. Easy to prepare and a crowd pleaser, it can be served for dinner with a side salad or as the centerpiece of brunch! For a lighter version make it with turkey or chicken sausage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- 2Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Remove the sausage from its casings, and cook the sausage thoroughly, crumbling it into small pieces. Drain the sausage on a paper towel and set aside. Pour off the remaining fat, then add the spinach to the pan and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Let cool, then squeeze the spinach so that excess liquid is removed.
- 3Place the butter in a 2-quart baking dish, and place in the oven to melt.
- 4In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, 2/3 of the goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, flour, salt and pepper. Add in the diced potatoes, spinach and sausage. Mix to combine.
- 5Carefully remove the dish with the melted butter from the oven, then pour the egg mixture into the dish. Crumble the remaining goat cheese over the top, then carefully place back in the oven.
- 6Bake the strata until the eggs are set in the middle, about 50-55 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before eating.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Strata With Spinach, Sausage and Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 809.5
- Calories from Fat 555
- Total Fat 61.6 g
- Saturated Fat 27.3 g
- Cholesterol 578.6 mg
- Sodium 2375.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 48.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion