1/23 Photos of Potato Squashers
1 hr 29 mins
1 hr 24 mins
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
Yet another fantastic recipe published in the Toronto Star. It comes from Eat, Drink & Be Vegan: Everyday Vegan Recipes Worth Celebrating by B.C. author Dreena Burton. The potatoes may be served as is or with your favourite toppings; i.e. sour cream)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Scrub potatoes and pierce with knife.
- 3Place potatoes on parchment lined baking sheet.
- 4Bake for 1 hour or until tender when pierced.
- 5Remove from oven; increase heat to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 6Using a metal spatula, flatten each potato into uneven rounds so flesh squishes out.
- 7Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 8Sprinkle with salt.
- 9Bake 12 minutes.
- 10Flip potatoes and drizzle with remaining oil.
- 11Sprinkle with salt.
- 12Bake 12 minutes or until outer edges and skins are crispy and golden.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Squashers
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.2
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g