1/23 Photos of Potato Squashers
1 hr 29 mins
1 hr 24 mins
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
Yet another fantastic recipe published in the Toronto Star. It comes from Eat, Drink & Be Vegan: Everyday Vegan Recipes Worth Celebrating by B.C. author Dreena Burton. The potatoes may be served as is or with your favourite toppings; i.e. sour cream)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Scrub potatoes and pierce with knife.
- 3Place potatoes on parchment lined baking sheet.
- 4Bake for 1 hour or until tender when pierced.
- 5Remove from oven; increase heat to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 6Using a metal spatula, flatten each potato into uneven rounds so flesh squishes out.
- 7Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 8Sprinkle with salt.
- 9Bake 12 minutes.
- 10Flip potatoes and drizzle with remaining oil.
- 11Sprinkle with salt.
- 12Bake 12 minutes or until outer edges and skins are crispy and golden.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Squashers
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.2
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g