Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is quick, easy. I needed a soup without milk or cheese.Chicken broth fit the bill. This is a rich smooth soup with small chunks of potato and small bits of onion.A good soup to serve on St. Patrick's day. I serve with thick toasted bread slices. My husband ate two large bowls. Usually likes spinach cooked with or without vinegar. Now he has another favorite. A good recipe to use from your garden bounty! The chicken base is moist and it is 1 1/2 tsps or 4 chicken bouillon cubes. I have changed it in the recipe twice but it doesn't want to acknowledge the teaspoon measurement.
- In large 4 quart pot with lid, add potatoes, water, bay leaves, italian seasoning, salt and onion. Place lid on pot and bring to boil. Turn down heat to low,maintain low boil with lid.
- While potatoes are boiling, add chicken base or bouillon cubes, warm water and spinach in blender.
- Pulse 3 or 4 times.
- Pour into pot. Stir and cook.
- Total cooking time 20 minutes.
- Take a potato masher and mash some of the potatoes in the pot if desired.
- Serve. Salt and Pepper to taste at table.