Recipe by *Parsley*
A great all in one side dish for just about any meat.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Very good. Enjoyed every fork full! The only thing I changed was to use fresh spinach. Sort of layered the potatoes and spinach. And, of course, added more garlic! Thnx for posting, Parsley. Made for ZWT5 for RRR
- 2 lbs small white potatoes, scrubbed and sliced THIN (about 7 cups sliced)
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or a combo of both) or 1 1⁄2-2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (or a combo of both)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 dash hot sauce (or use more or don't use any)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease/spray a 13" x 9" baking dish; set aside.
- Place potato slices in a large bowl; add spinach, onions and garlic; toss well to evenly distribute.
- In a separate bowl, combine half and half, melted butter, cheese, salt, pepper, paprika, parsley and hot sauce; stir together well; pour this mixture over potato mixture and stir well to evenly combine.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish; cover and bake at 375 for 50-60 minutes (or until potatoes are tender).
- Uncover and continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes.