Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in my local newspaper about 10 years ago. It was an instant hit. I have made this so many times because I know it will be a crowd pleaser.
- 6 -8 large baking potatoes
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and well drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and cut potatoes into small chunks.
- Boil until they are fork tender.
- Mash potatoes.
- Add spinach, sour cream, butter, salt, pepper and green onions.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add shredded cheddar cheese.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted.