Recipe by katie in the UP
These flavors are in DH's favortie dip...what a fantastic quick soup it makes! The directions say to add water at the end to thin it a bit, but we left it thick. Serve with Crusty bread!!
Top Review by RecipeJunkie
Made this tonight and it is very good. Easy recipe with lots of flavor. I did use canned artichoke hearts as I couldn't find frozen and used about 1 1/2lbs yukon gold potatoes. Will definitely make this again! Thanks for sharing!!
- 5 large baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 (9 ounce) box frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 (32 ounce) container fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of cold water and bring to a boil.
- Salt the water, lower the heat and simmer until fork tender, approx 15 minute.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot to dry out.
- Place the veggies in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze dry.
- In a med pot, melt the butter in the EVOO over med low heat.
- Add the onion and garlic cook until softened about 5 minute.
- Add the boiled potatoes and milk and mash together (I used an immersion blender).
- Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Stir in broth and vegetables and heat through (approx 2 minutes).
- Stir in cheese.