Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is one of the traditional Czech dishes. This soup is easy for preparation and inexpensive. In Czech Republic it is usually eaten without special occasion. The dish contains wild, forest mushrooms. You can use dried mushrooms, frozen or pickled mushrooms, but best of all are freshly picked mushrooms from the forest.
- 4 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsnip
- 1 celery
- 1 onion
- 250 g fresh wild mushrooms (or 100g dried mushrooms)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Peel the potatoes and wash all vegetable (carrot, parsnip, onion and celery) and mushrooms. Cut clean vegetable and mushrooms into small pieces.
- Put vegetable and mushrooms to a large pot, add the water, salt it and leave it simmer on low heat until vegetable is soft.
- Meanwhile put butter to a small saucepan and leave it to melt. Then add flour and mix it together and cook on low heat for aprx. 5 minutes.
- When vegetable is soft, add the mixture from flour and butter to the pot and mix it together. The soup becomes thick.
- Add crushed garlic and marjoram to the pot and leave it about 5 minutes to boil.
- Then you can serve this soup with some fresh parsley. Enjoy!