1/1 Photo of Potato Soup with Meat Dumplings
What's for dinner? Souper Soup! I hate to confess this, but I love dipping fresh crusty rye bread in this soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb leek, washed and sliced crosswise
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tomatoes, sliced into thin wedges,then cut in half
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Cook leeks and onion in oil over moderate heat until onions are transparent.
- 2Add potatoes, stock, thyme and garlic powder, reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are soft.
- 3Combine meatball ingredients and shape into walnut sized balls.
- 4Drop into soup mixture and simmer uncovered 10- 15 minutes.
- 5Add tomatoes, cook 2 minutes, add parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Soup with Meat Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (841 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.5
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 114.1 mg
- Sodium 940.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 27.2 g