1 hr 15 mins
I love potato soup. This interesting version is very flavorful with a little kick to it. A great autumn soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 ounces fully cooked chorizo sausage, casing removed, if necessary
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lbs kale, stemmed, torn into small pieces (about 16 cups lightly packed)
- 1 loaf rustic-type bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1Heat 3 tablespoons oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onions; cook until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add chorizo and paprika, stir 1 minute. Add potatoes and broth. Increase heat and bring to boil. Add kale; stir until wilted and soup returns to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 2Can be made one day ahead. Refrigerate uncovered until cool, then cover and chill. Rewarm before serving.
- 3Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add bread cubes and saute until golden, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle croutons with salt and pepper. Can be made 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
- 4Divide soup among bowls. Top with croutons and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Soup With Kale and Chorizo
Serving Size: 1 (688 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 656.9
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 33.2 mg
- Sodium 1073.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 26.9 g