Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
- 1 lb fresh turnip greens
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 6 large potatoes, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 ounces smoked sausage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- In Dutch oven, saute onion and garlic in oil.
- Add broth and potatoes.
- Boil. Cover; reduce heat to simmer 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add sausage and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add greens and simmer 10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in half and half. Heat through.