Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A simple, but good family favorite.
Make and share this Potato Soup With Celery recipe from Food.com.
- Dice the onion and cook until soft in the butter. Add the diced celery and potato to the pot, add 1 pint water, or, better, just enough water to come up to the level of the vegetables. Bring to the boil, then simmer 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1 tablespoon parsley to the soup.
- Add 1 pint low fat milk, or, better, enough to bring the liquid level to what seems reasonable to call a soup!
- Simmer a further 5 minutes, but don't boil it!
- Serve. You can microwave any leftovers.
I had half a celery sitting in the fridge and I wanted to make something with it before I go away today. So last night I wiped up this soup and it was delicious. I made a few changes just so I could use up things in the fridge. I used vegetable stock instead of water and I left out the milk because we didn't have some at home. Thank you Mme Melissa