- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups leeks, chopped (white and pale green parts only)
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 12 ounces baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large saucepan over high heat.
- Add onions, leeks, celery and carrots. Saute until most vegetables are deep brown, about 20 minutes.
- Add potato, water, and salt. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender (about 15 minutes).
- Puree soup in blender. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Return soup to simmer.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.