Cook1 hr 30 mins
Hmmm, comfort food.
Make and share this Potato Soup With Broccoli recipe from Food.com.
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 -4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 a head of broccoli (only the small florets)
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped with leafs
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 2 medium potatoes
- salt, pepper and dried herbs to taste (I put about 3 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon herbs de provence)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake the potatoes for 1 hour or until done. Remove the skin from the potatoes (optional) and cut into large chucks.
- In a heavy skillet fry the bacon, once cooked remove from skillet, crumble and keep warm. In the left over bacon grease sauté the broccoli, onion, garlic, celery and garlic; continue to sauté until the chopped onion is soft and the broccoli is a brighter green but still crisp.
- Transfer the sauté veggies and any excess grease into a medium pot and stir in flour until all the grease has been absorbed by flour. Over medium-low heat, whisk in the chicken stock, milk and sour cream. Once the liquid is warm stir in the cream cheese, dijon, parsley and parmesan; continue to stir until cream cheese has melted, about 5 minutes. Stir in the potatoes along with salt, pepper and any dried herbs you'd like. Once everything is well combined remove from heat and ladle the soup into individual bowls and top with crumbled bacon.