Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great soup for a cold winter day. It has just the right amount of spiciness and it's also quick and easy.
- 4 potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces processed cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, undrained
- ham (optional) or bacon (optional)
- Peel and cube potatoes. Add water and chicken boullion to the pan and cook potatoes and garlic until tender. Do not drain the water. Mash the potato mixture with a potato masher. Add in the other ingredients and stir until the cheese is melted.